We are pleased to announce the release of our newest STEP AP242 <> NX product with additional support for Product Manufacturing Information (PMI) for downstream processes.
The STEP AP242 <> NX CADverter is a new STEP product that supports releases of NX 8.5, 9.0 and 10 which is available as a bi-directional product. It can be used interactively from within the NX application or in a batch mode, using the new Theorem Unified Interface (UI) which comes as standard with the STEP AP242 <> NX CADverter.
The recently released UI, which supersedes Theorem’s CADviewer and UI products, has been specifically developed to optimise both data exchange and downstream processes using a single application that can be used to view, filter and translate CAD data. The new UI can also be configured to suit a number of use cases and individual user types.
Our CADverter product is a fully compliant STEP AP242 processor for NX. It enables the user to convert all forms of mechanical design geometry, as well as assembly and attribute information, from NX to STEP AP242 and from STEP AP242 files into NX. In addition it supports Configuration Management (CM) data, which defines and controls the configuration of a products definition.
Features of the STEP AP242 <> NX CADverter
- Converts all types of geometry, wire frame, surfaces, trimmed surfaces (faces) and solid models.
- Converts assembly structure between the systems.
- Converts attribute data including colour and layer information. (Shape/Appearance extension)
- Reads and writes STEP AP203/AP214/into AP242 files.
- The conversion process can be run in Interactive or Batch mode.
- Theorem Unified Interface enables the user to view the NX and STEP AP203/AP214/AP242 files before and after conversion.
- Data can be filtered by layer and entity type.
- Geometry can be filtered and selectively processed.
- Support for Product Manufacturing Information (PMI)
- The Theorem Unified Interface enables you to verify your data visually, pre and post conversion, eliminating time converting unwanted data, or sending out incorrect data.
- The CADviewer and filtering options allow you to selectively process the data, enabling you to optimise conversions and save time.
- By converting all forms of geometry no data is lost, eliminating the time required to re-create missing data.
- With support for PMI, the STEP AP242 files contains enough information to be used for further downstream manufacturing and engineering processes.
The STEP AP242 standard, ‘Managed model based 3D engineering’ has been created in conjunction with two other ISO standards – Aerospace’s AP203 ‘Configuration controlled 3D design’ and Automotive’s AP214 ‘Core data for automotive mechanical design processes’.
The STEP AP242 format can be used for a wide variety of purposes including Model Based Definition (MBD) processes, PDM integration, Long Term Data Archiving (LTDA), supply chain integration, engineering design data exchange and mechatronics. The STEP AP242 standard/format aims to introduce new ways of exchanging and archiving CAD data, and associate them with other STEP protocols and CAD related standards (e.g. ASME and ISO).
For more information visit www.theorem.com